Wear With Care
When purchasing products from Rare & Fair, please bare in mind that every item is made from traditional handwoven fabrics; therefore some variations between items in terms of colour and finishes may occur.
All fabrics woven by hand may come with slight colour variations, small knots, yarn pulls or short pieces of thread - these minor irregularities do not effect the quality or future durability of the product. They can be seen as an authenticity mark to these traditional methods and add to the uniqueness and individualism of our products. Trimming these irregularities is not recommended, however, any yarn pulls that do occur during the items lifetime can be repaired. We recommend using a clothing repair specialist for this, however, they can also be repaired at home and instructional videos can be found online.
Handwoven cotton is delicate and can snag easily in a machine wash. We highly recommend hand washing separately using cold/lukewarm water or dry clean. Some items may be dry clean only, so please read 'Fabric Care' section for each product. Drip dry only, do NOT tumble dry as this causes unnecessary creasing and can damage fibres that will shorten the life of your garment. Iron using a thin white cloth - a bed sheet works well - to cover your garment to prevent colour loss or damage.
Always read the care label before washing, drying or ironing your garment.
All handwoven silk is Dry-Clean only. For extra care, we recommend gentle dry-clean with hydrocarbon solvents, however, general dry-clean is also possible.
As with all natural/hand dyed products, some colour variation within and between items is normal. Natural/hand dyed products will always bleed slightly when wet, so please follow cleaning instructions carefully.
- Do not use fabric detergents which contain bleach, both oxygen or chlorine.
- Avoid direct contact of fabric detergents on the product if leaving items to soak.
- Make sure fabric detergents are dissolved fully in the water before garments are added.
- Do not leave garments with white and contrast coloured panels soaking for prolonged periods.
- Avoid extreme heat and direct sunlight when drying or storing natural/hand dyed product as this may cause colour fading. We recommend storing the product in a cool, shaded and dry place at all times.
With proper care, handwoven items will remain in great condition for many years to come, with the fabric becoming softer and more settled with age.